Hello Whittier Locals! Welcome to the 2nd installment of our free coffee education. If you missed the in-store demonstration with Anthony (or if you were there and want to see it all written out!) here's a great breakdown of his process of how to make cold brew at home:
- Large Container to brew in (plastic or glass)
- Coffee Beans (of your choice)
- Wood Spoon
- Coffee Grinder
- Water (room temperature, purified)
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT:
- Cold brew can take up to 24 hrs. depending on your taste preference and the coffee you use.
COLD BREW vs. ICED COFFEE:
THINGS TO PRACTICE:
2. Dump grounds into the large plastic container
3. Measure/weigh out the appropriate amount of room temperature water (follow the 1:5 ratio)
4. Slowly pour the water in to the coffee grounds in a large circular motion, making sure to saturate all of the grounds. (use a wooden spoon to stir/agitate if necessary).
8. Strain using a cheesecloth/paper filter/ Filtron Brewing System
9. Store cold brew can be stored for up to two weeks in your fridge, bust it out for a nice pick me up.